Cool Doctor Who

Cool Doctor Who
His look represents how I feel

Sunday, May 18, 2014

What is wrong with being different?

I was just informed that my opinion on the Sam kiss "could" prevent me from being gainfully employed. Why? This is against the law right? My own opinions and what happens off hours out of the public eye should not be scrutinized, I know plenty of therapists and counselors who are very accepting of others and sexual preferences. Why should I be different? Well people, this does not just happen to me apparently. How unfortunate that a potential boss will look me up on the internet, see my mangy blog and the "controversial" comments and opinions and say to me (no matter how qualified I am) "I'm sorry Ms. Reynolds, but I do not see that we are a good fit." However, the potential employer is unaware that I have the LEGAL right to ask as to WHY I am not a good fit.

They could say I am a rabble rouser or my ideologies don't coincide with theirs. I could agree with the former but not the latter because as a society, we need to progress from where we are today. I am tired of living in a culture that shuns people who are different from them. I am different. I dont want to be like everyone else, there is a point where I must conform but why do I have to conform to a body type, personality type, a particular look.... I am even an outsider among friends.

Believe me,it is the most painful thing to be isolated, I love people, I want to be around people, work for them, play among them. I act like a little kid, awkward and unsure of what to do because I have been isolated most of my life. I dont give up, but I get scared of the word NO, rejection is conditioned in me because of the isolation, and I don't ask people for things except to be included... that is my weirdness. That is the true thing that makes me different- awkward, socially inexperienced, at the age of 41.

All I ask is to accept those who are different, if not me then someone else. Bye for now, Blessed be.

Dear Doctor, I wish I could have an atom of your courage... 





No comments: